Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Free oil change from Audi, and they FINALLY fixed my headlights!

I finally got a good service rep at Audi, and the dude did some smart swapping of bulbs/ballasts and figured out what was wrong and fixed my headlight. FINALLY. I have been dealing with a flickering right front light for months now, and this bulb/ballast combo runs about $700 I imagine, so getting it fixed under warranty = primo coolio.

As it turns out my upper control arms were shot as well in front, so those were replaced under warranty too, total bonus.

Then I get my last free oil change from Audi service, and they use Castrol 5W40, which I happen to have about 5 quarts of (from the Lotus), so 3rd bonus score there. (eg. you need lots of extra oil with an Audi because it burns about 8 gallons every 2.5 miles or so)

Here is a little (boring) chart to keep track of this oil change and see how much it burns.

Mileage

Date

Level

Conditions

47283

11/16/09

oil change with Castrol 5w40 (Audi)

NA

47700

11/29/09

5/8 up the metal section.

Cold in Morning

No comments: