Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Out with the old, in with the older?!?

Yep, you guessed it, its that time again.  New car time!  Well in this case, old car - new to me time.

I decided to get back to my roots, and bought an E36 M3.  Let me explain;  My first REAL car, the one that got me hooked on cars, and more specifically driving on race tracks was a 1999 BMW M Coupe.  Now this might LOOK like a Z3 hatchback, but the majority of the running gear is identical to the same year M3 (engine, transmission, differentials, suspension, etc.). 

There is something special (to me) about these specific cars.  They have a unique feel to me, the throttle response, placement of the pedals, gearshift, how the motor revs, everything just feels great to me.  So I decided to buy a 1995 M3.  I would have loved to have gotten another M Coupe, but I already owned one, and as weird as it sounds they are commanding a mint right now.  The car I sold in 2005 for $22,500 would probably still be $20k today with the same mileage!

So here is a pic of the car!

1995 BMW M3 001

IMG_0300

Yep, its a 1995, built in 5/1994 (thats 15 years old kids) with only 54,000 miles on it!

[More to come, about the money spent on upgrades, tires, impressions, etc.!]

1 comment:

Steve T. said...

Nice ride PL.....even the color looks good....and I thought "purple" would look weird.